Shipping & Receiving
How Much Does Shipping Cost?
- All orders over $500 ship for free in the continental United States.
- Many items under $500 also ship for free. If an item ships for free, it will be specified within the item description.
- If your order is under $500 and does not include free shipping, there will be a flat $150 shipping charge for your order. This will be specified within the item description and will be added upon checkout.
- For orders outside of the continental United States, please email us at email@example.com for a shipping quote.
When Will My Order Ship?
- Orders that do not require additional finishing ship in 3-10 days.
- Items that are stained to order ship in approximately 2-3 weeks.
- You will receive an email with tracking and carrier information once your order ships.
- Orders shipping to the west coast make take up to two weeks in transit once shipped.
- Oversized or Made to Order pieces may carry longer lead times that will be specified within the item description. Once ordered, our customer service team will contact you directly with a specific delivery time.
- If your item is unexpectedly out of stock, we will contact you immediately with an updated time to ship.
How Is My Order Packed and Shipped?
- Due to the size and weight of our products, unless otherwise specified, your order will ship via common carrier and be delivered on a tractor-trailer.
- Our freight partner will contact you to schedule a delivery appointment. You must be present to receive your shipment.
- We ask that you communicate with our freight partners in a timely manner to avoid any additional shipping costs. If you do not schedule a delivery appointment within three days of an appointment request, you may be assessed storage fees by our freight partner.
- Your order will arrive on a wooden pallet, shrink-wrapped, with padding and other packing materials.
- The driver will remove your shipment from the truck and place at the end of your driveway or nearest available space on your property. The driver is not able to move your shipment to other spaces on your property or unpack your order.
How Do I Receive My Shipment?
- It is your responsibility to unpack and inspect your shipment.
- If you note any visible damages, specifically note any issues on the delivery receipt that the driver will ask you to sign.
- Please remember that many of our products are extremely heavy. We ask that you use extreme caution when unpacking and moving your products to avoid injury or damage to your products.
- We suggest professional installation of our products. Many of our customers use local landscape companies or white glove delivery services to place our products. If you choose to install your items yourself, please use proper care when moving our products to avoid injury. Gardening at Hill Street will not be held responsible for damage or injury resulting from improper unpacking or installation of our products.
What If I Have A Problem?
- Please contact us immediately if you note damage or are dissatisfied with your shipment.
- Claims must be communicated to us within 48 hours of receipt.
If you have any questions on shipping methods, receiving guidelines, or need expedited delivery, please contact us.
- Orders may be cancelled within 24 hours of being placed for a full refund.
- For custom items, including items to be finished or stained, orders may not be cancelled after 24 hours.
- For all other orders, please contact us if you wish to cancel your order. If it has not shipped, we will do our best to halt the production process. Once an order has shipped, it may not be cancelled and is subject to our Return Policy.
At Gardening at Hill Street, we want you to be 100% satisfied with your products. If you are not satisfied for any reason, please contact us immediately. We accept returns for online purchases for 14 days after receipt of order. If you wish to return items, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a Return Authorization and estimate of applicable shipping charges.
- Custom items, including items stained or finished to order, are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Returns received without a Return Authorization may not be refunded.
- Items returned with Return Authorization will be refunded using original form of payment after deduction of shipping costs incurred during return. Standard shipping charges will apply to all returns. Please allow up to two weeks for refund to reflect.
- To receive a refund, items must be returned in original packaging and in new condition. Used items or items damaged in return transit will not be refunded.
- If you refuse your order, all shipping charges will be applicable including return shipping.